9/19/09

photo management in the 'cloud'

(5)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/

i'd been a member of flickr for a long while by techno standards 530 days- two years. As an artist I was concerned about posting my images for concern someone would use them without attribution. artists always struggle with that issue of copyright for their creative works, yet, as we all know, there is nothing new under the sun...two people invented the light bulb in different parts of the world at the same time!

so the mosaics of words seen on websites are actually tags referring to a link or multiple links. that's a mash-up.

I am still processing whether to post my many art images and digital photos on flickr. am already using picassa (google's) as a repository of images. but have not yet made them publicly accessible. They are just for me and a few friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment